Four hour workshop
Tour of the Museums of Lafkos, the Gallery and the Botany Workshop.
- Meeting in Lafkos Square at 11am.
- A walk round the cobbled streets of the village between the well-preserved traditional homes with excellent views of the village of Milina and the islands of Alatas and Trikeri. (30')
- We will have the chance to taste Greek coffee in the oldest cafe in Greece which has been open since 1875. (20')
- Visit to Laykos's traditional bakery which is housed in the building originally intended for the Pelion train station, designed by Evaristo de Chirikos. Here you can try local pasteries and other baked goods. (15')
- Visit to Fappa Gallery and the Folklore Museum. (30')
- Visit to the workshop on aromatic and medicinal plants. We will have the opportunity to knead traditional bread as instructed by Mr. Drositis John, owner of the traditional bakery, then we will see closer plants of this part of Greece and we will be informed about the collection and their safe use. We will also learn how we can prepare herbal oil extracts for everyday use in our kitchen. (1.30')
- At the end of the seminar we will have our fragrant gifts and freshly baked bread from the dough we made during the seminar! *
End of program 2.30pm
* Participants are entitled to a 10-15% discount on all items from the store Collection Zafeiriou.